Attorney General Bondi will be stopping in Miami TODAY as part of her statewide bus tour we are having a campaign rally with state and local elected officials and Republican party members and supporters. The event will be at Versailles Restaurant in Miami (3555 SW 8th Street, Miami, FL 33135) this Tuesday October 28th at 5:00 P.M.
For more than 30 years, the Miami Young Republicans has worked to provide access to elected officials, drive the discussion on key issues, and help make the case for what it means to be an active Republican.
WHY R’s is a new feature where we handpick key influencers and ask them to answer FIVE QUESTIONS.
First elected to state office in 2010, State Rep. Jose Felix Diaz has already received a great deal of national attention as an effective young conservative politician. He was recognized by the American Conservative Union as a rising star, spoke at CPAC and has appeared on national networks such as Fox News multiple times. We thank Rep. Diaz for lending his insights to our Why R’s segment.
Join the Discussion About Amendment 2 and Medical Marijuana
This Wednesday, September 17th, the Miami Young Republicans and the Miami Log Cabin Republicans present:
The Great Medical Marijuana Debate
The controversial Amendment 2 item regarding the legalization of medical marijuana, which is on the ballot this November, is a complex issue with the potential to profoundly impact many facets of life and government.
- What are the details of Amendment 2?
- What are the benefits, consequences, and costs of legalizing medical marijuana?
- What can we learn from states that permit medical marijuana and from recent policy changes in Washington and Colorado?
We are hosting the 6pm networking happy hour and 7pm debate at Town Kitchen & Bar (7301 SW 57th Ct.) in South Miami.
The debate will feature:
- Javier Correoso – Representing “No On 2”, a grassroots campaign, which opposes the legalization of medical marijuana in Florida and is backed by a coalition, including law enforcement, business leaders, medical professionals.
- Ben Pollara – From United for Care (PAC name “People United for Medical Marijuana”) which has collected over 1.1 million petition signatures to get Amendment 2 on the ballot this November.
Our focus at Miami YRs and LCR Miami is to inform – YOU decide! We feel it is very important for voters to have the necessary information to make an educated decision come November.
GET YOUR TICKETS ASAP FOR THE
MYR NIGHT @ THE BALLPARK
The Miami YRs will be rooting for our Miami Marlins as they take on the New York Mets on Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014. First pitch is at 7:10 PM.
We got a sweet deal just for our members and guests: $22.50/person gets you in the game with $10 in concession credit, just show your game ticket to the concessionaire to utilize the credit.
This special deal is only available through this link: click here to reserve your spot in our Miami YRs section! Limited seats available.
COME HANG OUT BEFORE THE GAME from 5:45pm – 6:30 PM at the Budweiser Bow Tie Bar located on the Promenade Level near section 32.
UPCOMING: The Great Medical Marijuana Debate